The respondent records themselves on their mobile device as they “think out loud” when going through an experience. This is followed by more specific questions – all recorded on the mobile device.
In addition to a report, we provide a series of video reels summarizing an issue.
- Shopping environment
- In-home use of a product (digital ethnography)
- Online experience/ diagnostic journeys/ path to purchase
- Journaling/Diary Studies
An online qualitative discussion. A 1-3 day process with an additional set of questions each day. Respondents log onto the discussion board when it is convenient for them.
Many tools exist, including highlighters, images, markup, fill-in-the-blank. Great for projective techniques.
- Messaging development
- Concepts and ideas
- In-home use
- Brand perception
- Hybrid – qual/quant, polling
Online Focus Group
Similar to traditional focus groups but all respondents are online, can see each other, and can discuss as a group.
Clients/ stakeholders have a “backroom” so that they can observe and send in notes.
- Where we still want a group discussion
- Concept, idea, package evaluation
- Communication testing
- Usability / web design
- Voice of Employees
We interview the respondent by phone. Similar to a focus group but we can go more in-depth.
We can present stimulus to respondents or it can simply be a phone conversation.
Clients can listen in. Transcripts provided.
- When we need a more exploratory or in-depth conversation, many times before a quantitative study.
- Great for senior-level execs or business owners or other B2B as well as B2C.
Quantitative survey asking about beliefs, attitudes, experiences, frustrations, desires regarding a product category or a brand.
Results can be delivered to a dashboard.
- Tracking customers or the market to understand today’s concerns, frustrations, and how company can better serve them today.